Friday, February 7, 2014

The Knowings I've Known


I wish I still knew 
all the knowings I've known.

Today I know new knowings,
knowings I never knew I did not know.
Spectacular knowings. Boring knowings.
Emotional knowings. Factual knowings.
I wonder if today would have been different
if I knew those knowings yesterday.
Yet while I love knowing all these new knowings,
all this new knowing is still incomplete.
There are so many unknown 
knowings to know,
so many knowings that I've never known, 
and one set of knowings I know that have gone.

It saddens me.

You see, there are so many knowings
I know I know, that I know I knew,
knowings only an eidetic mind could still know.
So, while I'm happy to know 
all that I know
I wish I still knew 
all the knowings I've known.

No comments:

Post a Comment