Monday, December 23, 2013

Sacrifice


You can have my heart.
I'll give it all away.
You can have your freedom
to wear someone else's chains.
I don't have to have you
to love you like I do.
I will watch as you move on, dear,
if that's the road that calls to you.

I'm the quiet, watching one,
the pillar you can lean on
when the world knocks you off your feet.
And I will be, indefinitely,
a foundation to support you,
but a foundation is hard to see.

I've always been the patient one.
Maybe that's why I'm still waiting,
but I have so much to give someone
who isn't in a hurry.
I'd rather you took the time 
to know my darknesses, dance my light,
waltz around my yin and yang,
and love me for both the black and white.

For once I want to be the chosen.
When it comes time for you to choose
don't leave me the way you always do,
cracked but not quite broken.
For once I want to be the chosen.
When it comes time for you to choose,
choose me for the rooftops, the dreams come true.
Choose me for loving you enough to let you go,
the first time and the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment